Thursday, September 18, 2008

On My Honor, I Will Try.....blah blah blah


So the other day, my niece Brooke said she needed my advice about something.

She was torn between something she felt like she SHOULD do, and something she wanted to do. Brooke is one of those people who have boundless energy for acts of kindness and good deeds. I, on the other hand....

Her Girl Scouts sash would have to be 10 miles long, to hold all of her badges. Her schedule of good deed doing wears me out just hearing about it. She could never do another kind thing for the rest of her life and still have more points than the rest of us.

So I'm sure you can guess what my advice was....

The conversation ended with:

Brooke: I knew you'd tell me being nice isn't worth it! That's why I decided to ask you!



Ah, it's good to know I'm leaving a legacy.................

No comments:

Post a Comment