Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ninja Jane


My daughter is a ninja.

I will describe her ninja powers in more detail in future posts, but one of her ninja-like skills is her amazing power of deduction. She rarely asks questions, but never think for a second that she isn't hearing and seeing everything, and using that information to form answers and opinions in her brain.

An example:

The other night, I was fixing dinner for the kids. They were having a discussion about who was in charge of the family. Colson was saying that both Eric and I were in charge of the house. Ava was saying no, Mom is the most in charge.

I asked her why she thought that.

Then she says, with a tone in her voice that says duh!, "Mom, remember that time that Zachary was in your room with you and Daddy, and Zachary threw the Bop-It, and you said to Daddy "You need to spank his hand""?

Wow.......

To a ninja, that's all the information you need, I guess. The balance of power was described for her in that 5 second exchange.



Sorry darling, I had no idea that a ninja was outside our door that day, taking notes in her mind for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment