Friday, April 2, 2010

FOR FREEDOM!!

Eric and I finally saw Avatar last night, at The Grand Theater in East Greenville. I will repeat what most people I've talked to have said about it; amazing CGI (although probably only best viewed in 3D), ridiculous story and message. The script of Avatar can be explained in one simple mashup.

The first half of the movie I couldn't get Vanessa Williams singing Colors of the Wind from Disney's Pocohontas out of my head. If you've seen Avatar and Pocohontas, you have to admit I'm right. Native girl teaches outsider how to listen to the spirit of the trees.



The second half of the movie begins when Jake Sully gives his impassioned speech to the Na'vi, enticing them to war with the Sky People and begging them to gather all the tribes together to fight. At the end of his speech, I pumped my fist into the air and yelled, "FOR SCOTLAND!!!!" in my best William Wallace accent. (My husband grabbed my arm and whispered violently, "We're in a public place and there are other people here!!!" ....he's cute when he thinks I care...*smile....)

YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT!!! Avatar turned into Braveheart at that moment. Jake Sully was Mel Gibson with twinkling skin and extra long limbs.



So there you have it. Pocohontas + Braveheart = AVATAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment