Thursday, June 9, 2011

Keep It Together, Shins

Off to the Orange Blossom Dance Festival in Orlando.

They're holding a cool new event this year, the Pro-Am Jack and Jill. Spectators will get to, for $15, come on stage and pull one of our names out of a hat and dance west coast swing and two-step with us Pros. They'll be judged against all of the other amateurs who participate, and the winner will win a cash prize.

I'll be working my rear off at this event. Solomon (my dance partner Richard's boyfriend) is competing in Pro-Pro with me. Pro-Pro is similar to Pro-Am, but if you are a dance professional already, you can dance with a higher ranked Pro and compete against other dance pros. Since I am now a Master level dancer and Solomon ended his country dance career in Division 1, I'm technically ranked higher, so he can compete as the lower Pro in this division. I'm smelling a World Championship for him this year in this division.

I have two Pro-Am students I'm competing with, Paul and Stan. Paul is dancing 4 dances, Stan is dancing 6.

Then I'm competing in Masters Classic and Masters Showcase with Richard and Sasha. I won't be doing line dance at this event, since I need to put together a full line dance program and I don't have that ready yet.

Busy weekend. Hoping for a little downtime so I can get to the pool at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment