Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Mr. Big


6 years ago today I drove to the Lehigh Valley Hospital to get a monster pulled out of me. The biggest of my big babies at birth, Zachary continues to be larger than life. (The following photos are not for the faint of heart!)

What having over 10 pounds of baby in you looks like. This photo would make a good birth control ad.

And here comes Mr. Big now....




10 pounds 4 ounces. At one week before his due date. My uterus offers free non-stop room service but lacks a fitness center, apparently.




Zach couldn't even wait an hour after the umbilical cord was cut before he demanded food. 2 ounces gone, and I hadn't even held him yet. My mother heard him screaming from down the hallway and thought I was in for some trouble...then we just realized he was annoyed that the room service had ended (his mama's son).





Who knew that kid would grow up to become my best buddy...

2 comments:

  1. Tell me a nurse did not give that poor child his first bottle.....what, you were too busy getting yer innards put back together???
    That last picture is a pure killer of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wasn't even in the recovery room yet, and Eric was too busy taking the photo apparently.

    ReplyDelete