Friday, June 19, 2009

Another Bird Leaves The Nest





Well, today's the big day. Brookey gets married. Another of my Lewis nieces married off. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that the 4 of them were the little girls I spent all of my teenaged time with. My favorite teenage moments all involve those girls, but I never thought about the people they'd be when they grew up.

Turns out they're not much different now then they were then. Bonnie's still easy going, caring and funny, Bethany's still wicked smart, reserved and sarcastic, Brooke is still responsible, serious and level headed, and Brianne is still outspoken, tough and passionate.

While all four of them have outrageously beautiful hair and outrageously large boobs, the major characteristic that ties them together is a fierce independent streak. All four of them take care of themselves, and how! They've created lives for themselves in the midst of chaos, and have flourished.

Although I will admit I have moments of melancholy where I sit in the corner and weep for the days when those four little girls thought the sun rose and set on their Aunt Suzanne, most of the time I'm nothing but proud of all four of them.

So happy wedding day to the little girl with the giant brown eyes, the Snow White cap of brown curls, and the serious smile.

2 comments:

  1. And from your other Aunt - happy wedding day brookie D! My best wishes to you and your sweetie........ enjoy this day - you truly deserve all the wonderful things this world has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I guess I have to acknowledge being the source of much of that "chaos". Not apologizing, necessarily, but acknowledging.

    ReplyDelete