Thursday, May 12, 2011

Please Call 1-800-EXORCISM

My 3 year old fairy goddaughter Sophia, daughter of my best friend Melissa, has been having a rough time the past few weeks. She been getting into trouble a lot, forgetting the rules and generally getting ahead of herself. Her brain is way too big for her age, and that's hard to deal with when you're a toddler.

Melissa's been punishing her more than usual lately, due to the increase in bad behavior. The other day Melissa asked Sophia, "Why do you think you've been getting into so much trouble recently??" Sophia sat for a moment and thought about it. Then she said very gravely, "Mom, I think I know why."

"I think that there's a monster in my belly, and he's been telling me to do bad things. I've been listening to him, instead of listening to God in my heart. I need to stop listening to the monster in my belly and listen to God in my heart more."

So now when Sophia starts to misbehave, Melissa asks her, "Sophia, who are you listening to?" and Sophia immediately changes her behavior. Today Sophia said to Melissa, "Mom, I missed you so much when I was listening to the monster in my belly..."

So let's all take a cue from Sophia and stop listening to the monsters in our bellies. I know her fairy godmother needs to learn that lesson, judging from all the empty Ho-Ho wrappers laying on the floor around me....

No comments:

Post a Comment