Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Mornings With Zachary

Today Zachary is preempted by his mother's first attempt at advanced line dance in over 10 years. That's right, it's not enough to compete in Masters Classic and now in Masters Showcase as well, I also have my eye set on becoming a Superstar line dancer. Richard is trying his hand at it as well. We both did the Rise and Fall in Baltimore in March after spending maybe 4 hours learning it, and these are our videos.



Triple pirouette has become much easier since March. Not stepping on my waltz skirt while getting up from the ground is still tough...haven't figured out the trick to that one.



Clive Stevens gave both Richard and I a 24 count intro for the beginning of the dance, before the "4, 5, 6" count in happens, at 1am that morning. I was cursing his name when he told me I had to start on the floor. As if I'm not on the floor enough in this dance. Clive is 5'1" and 125lbs, so he has no idea how much harder it is for 5'10" and 130 (why are you laughing??) to get up from the floor.....

Anyway, we both received great critiques our first time out, so we're going to compete again in Montreal, and this time do both the Rise and Fall and the Lilt. If we decide to continue through Worlds, we'll have to dance all 6 line dances, one of which is this one.



What is the deal with all the laughter today? You just watch, I'm going to be the hip hoppiest of suburban minivan driving homeschooling mothers you ever saw...

No comments:

Post a Comment