Friday, May 6, 2011

The Dalai Ava

The following is a transcript from an instant message conversation between my 8 year old daughter Ava and my sister Amy. This one is one of my favorites because of the extremely insightful tidbit from Ava towards the end. Sometimes that girl sounds like Mr Miyagi. I see a future in writing for fortune cookies...

Ava: hi for the hundredth time
( Kidding )
Guess what?!?
2 things, though

Amy: hey

Ava: 1st, Clifford said you are his favorite aunt.

Amy: who is clifford?

Ava: My facorite stuffed animal that I had since i was 2 or 3
favorite

Amy: nice!!!!!
who is cliffords favorite uncle?

Ava: 2nd, I got a wal-mart gift card that has $20 in it. Oh, uh hold on, I'll ask him

Amy: make sure you listen !

Ava: ...He said, "HM? Uncwle Ewd." so I guess it means, 'Uncle Ed'

Amy: he is funny!!!

Ava: he is...hm...
SIX years old, one year older than Zachary.

Amy: who gave you clifford?

Ava: I don't know...I forget and my mom forgets and my dad forgets.:-/
If I could have a time machine that goes into the past I could tell you

Amy: thats true

Ava: But i didn't ask santa for it so anyway...he didn't give me any.

Amy: who gave you the wal mart gift card?

Ava: uh, it was for my birthday i think...HANAH!!!!! She gave it to me! Hanah.

Amy: hanah is nice...

me: she is from word changers
world

Amy: ah

me: " BUT WE DON'T CHANGE THE WORLD" Zachary says.
so anyway...

Amy: i have to run out = will be back soon!!

Ava: going where?
nevermind...anyway...one little question leads to a giant conversation
b-bye!

Amy: bybyebybybyb

Ava: byb?
oh, nevermind...bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment