Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Dreams May Come

Back in business!

Last night the kids, Eric and I were laying around talking about dreams we've had. Cole told us about a dream he had where he was holding onto a bunch of balloons flying through the sky. He ran into a flock of geese and the balloons all popped.

As he was falling, he remembered he had a gun that would shoot out your wishes. So you would pull the trigger, and say what you wanted and it would come true. So Cole pulled the trigger and said, "I want to be safe!"

Then Cole says to us, "It must have heard me wrong, because I turned into a safe".

:)

At which point Zachary, who'd been trying to tell his dreams (which were just stories he'd make up on the spot) to no avail because we were making him wait for his turn, ran into the hallway to pout. When I yelled out and asked him what was wrong he yelled back, "No one is getting me ANY attention!!!!!!!"

P.S, he'd already had his moment in the sun earlier in the night, when at the dinner table he had us all convinced that the last time he was at my mother's house alone, she'd caught a squirrel with her bare hands and let Zachary pet it. He really had us going until I said let's call gramma and have her tell us the story. He said, "Tricked ya!" then ran away to hide, half embarrassed, half proud of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment