Saturday, January 1, 2011

WELCOME 2011

While I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, this year I have decided to set a few creative goals. One is to become a certified UCWDC judge, but since that is already in the works, I won't really count that one.

My musical goal is to learn to play two of my all time favorite pieces, Debussy's Clair De Lune and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata by the end of the year. I so loved the heavily structured early classical music, Bach, Hayden and the like, when I studied piano that I never let myself move on to the darker middle stages of Beethoven, and wouldn't even dream of letting myself learn impressionistic composers like Debussy. Theirs was the music I played in my dreams, but didn't then fit into my teenaged everyday structure of scales and Dozen A Day technical exercises.

Now I'm ready to tackle classical melodic structure that, in my mind, requires more emotional maturity and less metronome.

As for my dance goals, I'm determined to learn to do one foot turns as well as Tatiana Mollman.



And I will also learn to glide like Guyton does at 1:20 of this video...or like how Michael T. does at his house in the kitchen on New Year's Eve.




Maybe I'll post periodic updates on my progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment