Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Big C

If you haven't seen "The Big C" on Showtime, I highly recommend that you rethink that decision. Laura Linney plays a middle aged wife and mother who finds out she has Stage 4 cancer. She chooses not to tell anyone, but begins to live her life very differently. She kicks her lazy husband out of the house and starts making up for lost time with her son.

She gets tired of her son not flushing the toilet, so one night she grabs him by the shirt and slams him against the wall and says:
Someday I am going to be dead, and as a courtesy to the world I don't want to leave them the guy who doesn't know how to get his shit to flush. And let me be clear, your dad isn't living here because I only wanted to raise one kid and I chose you. And from now on, I'm going to raise you so hard your head's going to spin.
She then hands him a plunger, throws him into the bathroom with a toilet full of chili, and locks him in.

How bad can a show be that starts off that way??

No comments:

Post a Comment