Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cock Of The Walk!


On my birthday, in Nashville, my student Paul Grande and his wife Ginny took me to my favorite restaurant in the world, Cock Of The Walk. I ate until I almost birthed my stomach.

My mother took me to Cock Of The Walk in Pensacola when I was a teenager, and that experience ruined me for ever feeling satisfied at a restaurant again. Cock Of The Walk offers mainly fried proteins; specifically chicken, shrimp and their specialty, catfish. The cornmeal that they use to fry the catfish in is super fine and creates the most amazing crunch. With your entree you receive fries, divine homemade coleslaw, pickled onions, and the best hush puppies you'll ever put in your mouth.

The appetizer offerings are equally insane; you can get a Pot 'O Beans, a Pot 'O Greens, or fried dill pickles which will send you over the moon. You also get a cast iron skillet cornbread that the server flips high into the air. (The cornbread has jalapenos in it.....rawr!!)

And I can't forget to mention that they serve their drinks in....wait for it.........TIN MUGS!! The diet soda is so cold it almost freezes to your tongue.

If you're ever in one of their 6 locations, don't miss your chance to stuff your face with the best fried bottom dwellers this side of the Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment