Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Refined


I walked into the kitchen the other morning to load the dishwasher, and saw the strangest sight. I was gone the previous night to rehearsal and these dishes were dirtied during that time. Do you see it yet? Yes, you spotted it. The martini glass.

Eric and I rarely drink. And when I say rarely, I mean my annual Christmas Cocktail party, and maybe two other times during the year. Every once in a blue moon Eric will crack open a bottle of beer at home or go to happy hour after work, but those instances are few and far between.

So the martini glass being out of the cupboard was strange in and of itself. The fact that I, being the only legal female in the home, was gone during the time it had been used, made it even stranger.

When Eric came down to make himself lunch, I said, "Hey, what's the deal with this martini glass??" He chuckled and said, "Oh, that.....I drank a Diet Pepsi out of it last night." I asked why, of course.

With a sheepish grin, "Because it felt fancy....I didn't put any ice in it, I just poured the cold soda into the glass."

................wow. because it felt fancy.

While part of me cringes at the thought of my husband drinking diet soda out of a martini glass, the soda-drinking-vessel-obsessed side of me is excited to try it the next time I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment