Friday, October 22, 2010

Awahahahahana Ghosts!!!



Well, Trunk or Treat at Awana has come and gone. It was barrels of fun. I ran around for an hour yesterday morning trying to come up with an idea for our trunk. I had a great idea, the kids loved it (I wanted to dress up skeletons in the kids' old Awana vests and tie Awana books into their hands, etc.), but I couldn't find any plain skeletons anywhere. So I settled for ghosts and wasn't very happy about it. But I figured I'd have mood lighting and Halloween music playing, and it would at least be passable.


Well, a miracle happened. Eric Mosley, (yes, Eric Mosley!!) was impressed with me!!! I know, right??!!!? He couldn't believe I went so far as to add audio/visual elements (strobe lights and Ghostbusters/Creaky Door/Scary Organ Music), and that I had come up with a catch phrase (Awahahahahahana Ghosts.....Awahahahahahna Ghosts...) that I'd say to each child who came by. He walked around to all the other trunks, and came back to tell me that no one else's trunk was even close to ours.

So even though I was disappointed with my final product, because it wasn't as good as the one in my head was going to be, I'm going to feel proud of my trunk, because it earned me Eric Mosley's voiced respect and pride. That ain't easy to get, people....trust.

Cole kept running over to me saying, "Mom, NO ONE else has music or strobe lights but us!!!"

Zachary was on CLOUD NINE. I swear he made 5 laps around the parking lot, getting another "just one" piece of candy from each trunk. "Have you been here already?"..."Who me? Nope!"

Ava and Sarah were big fans of the apple cider and donuts afterwards too. Sarah and Ryan's trunk was super cute too, they had their little dog Rosa in it, with dog biscuits hanging down from the ceiling.

Trunk Or Treat. Very fun. If you get the opportunity to participate in one, take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment