Friday, August 6, 2010

An Insane Conversation





Eric and I were having a conversation in the car last night driving home from Eagles Flight Night, where the Eagles invited families into the stadium to watch them practice. I was curious after watching the Eagles practice, why the defensive linemen don't sack, or at least partially sack, the quarterback. I mean, they run up to him and then just stop. I was so curious as to how a quarterback practices evading the linemen when he never has to do so in practice.

Eric said, no, you NEVER hit the quarterback in practice. But for me, if I were a quarterback, I'd want to have some practices where I had to fear a hit. I mean, I know these guys do it in college, but the speed of an NFL game is just so different. It's a whole new league, no pun intended. And even if you're a seasoned quarterback, by August you've probably gone 6 months without having to avoid a sack.

Eric: You have to realize, those quarterbacks have an inane sense of someone being close to them and about to hit them, even though they can't see them....

Suzanne: You just said "inane sense". You meant "innate sense".

Eric: Well actually, I meant inane sense....I mean, if Kolb was sensing tonight that he was going to get hit, that would be an inane sense, because he knows it's not going to happen in practice. So it's a sense that makes no sense. Hence it's an inane sense.

Suzanne: You are so full of shit I can't even believe it sometimes.

Eric: See, you always think I use the wrong words. But really, I'm just using words that have a deeper meaning than you can even fathom.
This is how amazing Eric's bullshit skills are. His ability to turn things around is unmatched. This guy doesn't need practice to evade an accusation, he goes to the Pro-Bowl in Table Turning every year.

I guess he just proved his point, that some people just have an innate sense of how to avoid getting sacked. Eric has much in common with these NFL quarterbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment