Friday, June 18, 2010

I Vomit On Belkin

This is my Public Service Announcement for the week. Griffin products are the only way to go when buying an iPod FM transmitter for your car. Whatever you do, avoid Belkin products like the plague. They'll make you want to drive your car into a telephone pole every two minutes, which is how often the channel will become full of static.

I got this Griffin when I needed to play my iPod in the car. I chose it because it was the least expensive. I rarely had to change the station, I would put it on 92.9, and could drive for at least 2 hours in any direction before static would start creeping in and I'd have to scan for a new station.

Eric got a Belkin for his iPhone, assuming it was better because it was more expensive. He got this one:




It's a tragedy. I've never played music on it without static. After my car accident I had to buy a new FM iPod transmitter. I decided to try a fancy Belkin, thinking maybe Eric's was a fluke. I got this cool wireless one. Well, it was an even bigger tragedy, of Romeo and Juliet proportions. Between the Radio Shack and my house, which is about a mile, I had to scan for a new station twice.



I returned it the next day and got another Griffin. The difference is unreal. So don't be fooled by Belkin's price tag. More expensive isn't always better.

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you Suzanne, omg, that explains it.... And here I thought because I live in Canada there has got to be numerous radio stations available for IPod Belkin transmission thingys... compared to living in big cities such as New Jersey, but that is a negative! Many avoided car collisions later while searching for yet another channel with NO static, or better yet, picking up someone else's music (wtf) I find myself hating the Belkin! I feel your pain sista!! Maybe I should give Griffin a whirl, eh?
    Annick from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! My husband told me that when he was buying his Belkin, the saleslady said, "You should really get a Griffin...", but he assumed that since they were cheaper, they couldn't be better....he wishes he'd have listened to her now.

    ReplyDelete