Friday, May 28, 2010

The Truth Shall Set You Free?




Eric and I are taking the kids to visit my father-in-law Jerry, or "Pop" as my kids call him, and his partner Del in a few weeks. The kids have been talking about Pop and Del a lot recently, and I heard this conversation between Zach and Ava in the car yesterday. Zach was in the mood to make phone calls, and was talking to Ava about who he should call.

Zach: Ava, I think I will call Del and tell him that he's bald.



Ava: Zach, I think that if you say that, it would not be very nice, and it will make Del feel sad.



Zach: But Ava, he really is, so it's just true. And I think he will just laugh and think that it's funny.



Poor Del. Mind you, he's not bald. He has a very distinguished looking closely shaved haircut. But to a 4 year old...

I will have to remind Del that it could be worse, Zach could be calling him to remind him of his impending death, as he does my mother. In the words of Zach, "but it's just true!".

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention, after Zach said Del would just laugh, Ava said, "Well I think he will hang up on you.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT HE DID LAUGH!
    POP

    ReplyDelete