Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Am Now An Untouchable



Well, that was a first. Last night, on my way home from rehearsal at NashDancenter in Randolph, NJ, I stopped for gas. After he pumped my gas (the law in NJ), Apu handed me my receipt and debit card and said "Thank you, good night". He walked over to another waiting car, and I started the truck and started driving off.

All of a sudden I hear, "ALLLALLALALLAAALLLLALAAA!!!!!!!!!". I stop, still in the parking lot of the gas station, and look behind me. I see the handle of the pump still in my gas tank, and the black rubber tubing dragging along the ground. Apu was running towards my truck with his arms spread looking for all the world like a Jihad suicide bomber preparing to meet Allah. (Bethany is dying right now...it's a joke, down girl!!! You know my song choice makes up for my politically incorrect jokes.)

Apu was very nice, he must have apologized 9 times while taking the pump out of my gas tank and screwing the gas cap back on.

Curse this pox that is upon my household....

No comments:

Post a Comment