Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Honey Nut Circles With Holes In The Middle



Recently I've been buying the Malt-O-Meal bags of cereal. My sister Amy brought a few bags of them for a white elephant gift at my last Christmas cocktail party. The person who unwrapped them left them at my house (accidentally? I think not...), so I put them in the pantry for the kids and they LOVED them. "Cereal, in bags!!" Now I buy them, because they're comparatively so much cheaper. You get twice the quantity in their giant bags as you do from a box. I also love the names. Froot Loops are Tootie Frooties. Apple Jacks are Apple Zings. Honeycombs are Honey Buzzers. You get how it works. (Funny enough, the Frosted Flakes are called Frosted Flakes. That surprised me, so I googled it and realized that Frosted Flakes are actually called Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. Who knew??)


The one problem is that the bags are so large that they're hard to store while they're being used, and hard for the kids to pour from. So the last time I went to Walmart, I bought a few of those tall plastic containers with flip tops for pouring. I came home from the store, and was pouring a bag of cereal into one of those containers when Eric walked into the kitchen.


Eric says, "Wow, so we're that kind of family now...."

Yes my darling, we are definitely that kind of family.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but are they QUALITY plastic containers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't put Tootie Frooties in Rubbermaid. They HAVE to go in no name containers.

    ReplyDelete