Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Mornings With Zachary Presents John Lindo!

We interrupt your usual Monday Mornings With Zachary programming to bring you the following:

The inimitable John Lindo came out to the Big Apple Ranch, where I was DJing, on Saturday night. John Lindo is a West Coast Swing icon, winning Invitational Jack and Jills more times than he can probably count. John travels all over the globe to teach west coast swing, most recently in Moscow! He also runs a swing event in June, Liberty Swing. I met John a few years ago at an event, and not only is he an amazing dancer with the most incredible sense of musicality, he's a sweet, guileless man with a heart of gold.

At 10:30pm, he walked up to the DJ booth and told me that he was doing a demo at 11pm, and asked if I would dance with him....!!! Woot!! He looked through my music and picked a song, and the following video captures the first half of our impromptu lead and follow routine (my camera battery died at that point, argh!). I was so excited it didn't matter that I'd worn sloppy clothes that night. I'd wear a potato sack to get to dance with John Lindo....



No comments:

Post a Comment