Thursday, January 21, 2010

Suzanne's Medicare Plan



If you read my post last week on the book Still Alice, you'll understand why this exchange with my mother is so funny.

Mom:
i am going crazy checking out medicare advantage health plans...it is so complicated and with all this health care stuff going on in wash. it will all change soon anyway. my plan just went from $37 each to 95 each

me: ugh

Mom: thinking of just going back to normal medicare. we pay $100 each a month for that ...so if we kept the advantage would be $400 per month. that is nuts

me: yes

Mom: we just don't have any dental or prescription coverage with normal medicare. dental is not a problem. prescription isn't either for now. you just can't cover all the bases. and neither dad or i are into heroic measures.

and you are going to kill us if we get Alzheimer's anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment