Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cocktail Party, Attempt Deux




Today I am hosting the 2009 Mosley Christmas Cocktail Party. The original party was rescheduled due to a major snowstorm. In honor of the party, I give you some cocktail party memories from years past...


This is a fun one, from 2003. The homemade jug lamp. Bethany opened this white elephant, and it was a major hit. In fact, I believe someone stole it from her.


Ah, Solomon...no sous chef ever made prep work look so good.


Oh, the giant sized underwear. Richard, of course, had to model them.....


Eric got a little loopy this particular year......


My sister Amy, at home in front of her homemade bar area.


While in my mind this picture needs no explanation, I'm sure some will demand one...I was making fun of my niece Bethany, whose Facebook/MySpace photo albums proved that she was in her "When someone takes my picture, I will either be drinking, giving them the finger, dancing crazily, or touching people inappropriately, preferably all four" stage of life.


Someone who didn't understand the rules brought a brand new bottle of alcohol. That one got stolen many times...


Woot, the singing Bing Crosby! While Eric's dad opened this one, I believe the Tabassos took Bing home that year.


Ah, no cocktail party white elephant game is complete without a body part gift. In 2004, it was the boob mug.


Mark Rogers, showing initiative by offering to dispose of the trash on his first year at the party. THIS is how you get invited back!!


And lastly, Michael T. demonstrates the position that most Mosley cocktail party first-timers end up in. Poor guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment