Monday, March 16, 2009

Armageddon



I have postponed today's originally scheduled post to bring you this breaking news.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, after having a nightmare, and couldn't get back to sleep because our family hasn't decided something.

In my dream, Mom, Colson and I were at a bank when we saw a huge flaming ball of fire fall from the sky in the distance. The shockwave blew in the windows of the bank. There was no electricity afterwards, and the sun was setting. From the looks of what we had seen, we knew a good portion of the country had to have been obliterated.

We have to decide on a place to meet if there is a national or global disaster, people. I say the Valley Forge Park where we have our family picnics. When the disaster hits, get all of your nuclear family together, make your way there and wait for everyone else (if there is an everyone else..........).

Okay, I just had to get that out there. Now maybe I can go back to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that place is a bit too highway and population locked for me. I'd want a place farther west in the sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I didn't explain enough. The park is just our meeting-up place. From there we decide where to head, and travel together. I wasn't thinking we'd stay in the park long term. Of course we'd go west, I read Stephen King's "The Stand" about 37 times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i noticed you said 'nuclear family' ----- is that a definative definition ----- or a loose one?? at any given time we have various assorted links.......(wouldnt want to piss any unnamed family members off) but all in all a good plan - now we can all sleep!

    ReplyDelete