Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Amy's Anecdotes, Part 3



This Amy moment came from my niece Brooke after she heard about the field trip my oldest niece Bonnie and I are taking today. (We are taking our combined 7 kids on the historic walking tour of Philadelphia.)

Both my sister Amy and my sister-in-law Sue homeschooled their gaggle of kids for a length of time. During this period they would do group field trips. Between the two of them they have 11 kids, so we're not talking a simple "let's take our 2.5 kids to the zoo today" field trip. We're talking "everybody squeeze in, 3 kids per seat belt/one half of a PBJ per kid and split the juice box with a buddy/Yes, walking through a random free church cemetery counts as history" sort of field trip.

So Brooke shared a field trip memory from those days:

Brooke: OMG, the Philly trip reminds me of my childhood, when Amy took us all to the NBC Studio for a field trip.

Me: That's a cool field trip, Bonnie and I should look that one up.

Brooke: I was mad at her for the entire day, because she stopped at the McD's in Newtown Square, backed her grey van into a lightpost and I spilled milk all over my pants and she wouldn't let me change. She didn't have time to go home.

Brooke: I'm over it now, but I was really mad at her back then. LOL!

Brooke: It was a fun field trip, though...


Classic Amy. What you have to know though, is that Amy would have done the same thing had she spilled milk all over her pants. She'd just brush it off and keep on truckin'....

1 comment:

  1. wait, didn't Amy back into that same light post multiple times?

    ReplyDelete