Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Not Disobeying, It's Pretending!



Have I mentioned that Zachary is a master at mind control?

My parents were here this past Monday night, watching my kids while I went to rehearse. When my mother put Zachary to bed, he tried to convince her to let him sleep in Ava's room. Mom knew that wasn't something I normally let him do, so she said no. He asked her a few different times, but she didn't give in. Then he said "Mom lets me sleep in her bed all the time". Well, Mom knew that wasn't true, but she was so tired of him at that point that she let him sleep in my bed. After all, Grammas are allowed to do those sorts of things.

Last night, I had our new babysitter coming over to sit with Zach while Cole and Ava did evening VBS and I taught a dance lesson. She's a sweet introverted homeschooler, and I knew she'd be no match for Zach. So before she came I prepped Zach.

"Zachary, when Sarah tells you it's time for bed, you can NOT tell her that you're allowed to sleep in Mommy's room!". He said okay, with a grin.

I then mentioned to Sarah when she arrived that Zach might try to manipulate her about the sleeping arrangements.

When I got home I asked her how the evening had gone. She said it went fine, but Zach did try to mess with her mind. When she said it was time for bed Zach said, "Okay! Now Sarah, let's pretend that Ava's room is my room, and my room is Ava's room!"

She said he did it so quickly and casually that she almost fell for it.

1 comment: