Monday, August 3, 2009

A Homeless Man Walks Into A Bar....




I might consider giving money to a homeless person if they'd entertain me. Most homeless people just sit there with a sign and a morose look on their face. That does nothing for me. That actually makes it even easier for me to just walk on by.

But if there was a homeless person doing a little soft shoe, or playing the spoons, or doing a bit of stand-up, I'd have a harder time just walking by. I might even stop and watch. I'd probably chuckle a bit. And I just might reach into my pocket and grab some change.

So homeless people, take note. To make more money, why not actually DO something? I know you've all got hidden talents, be inventive and use them in your panhandling!

1 comment:

  1. one time in Camden, NJ i gave a homeless man $40 because he walked up to us... told us he was homeless and an alcoholic and the money was going to go to booze.. he was honest.. so i gave him $40 and my friends gave him $50.. honesty wins me over

    ReplyDelete