Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Video Game Genre Are You?




Eric bought Command And Conquer for the PS3. For the past few days he's been addicted, staying up WAY past his usual bedtime.


Eric: Wow, I can't believe I keep losing track of time like this. I usually don't have addictive tendencies.

Me: Remember, this happened when we got SimCity4, too.

Eric: Yeah, the three games that have done this to me are Command And Conquer, SimCity, and Civilization...

Eric: I don't know what it is about these kinds of games that grab hold of me...Surely it can't be that I like playing God, and creating and running entire worlds and controlling everything and everyone in them...

Me: Surely not. The games that have done that to me are the fantasy/mystery/role playing games, like the old Kings Quest and Space Quest games. I love solving the mysteries and walking through fantasy lands and finding the hidden treasures and figuring out which tool to use with which problem and interviewing the characters to find clues.

Eric: Yeah, I hate games where you're following a story. They make me feel like I'm being controlled. I like ultimate power. I like to do whatever I want.


And there you have it, folks. Eric and my personalities described via our video game selections.

1 comment: