Sunday, February 15, 2009

Strollin' Along, Singin' A Song




When I was in the height of the Irish twins stage, this was the stroller I used. An Eddie Bauer double stroller. The stroller was gigantic. It weighed 44 pounds, and took up the entirety of our trunk area in our old Jeep. The process you had to go through to fold it up and to unfold it was insane.

But I had an 11 month old and a newborn. I had no other choice if I wanted to leave the house but to use a double stroller. Without that stroller, I would have spent those first 3 years in solitary confinement. Colson wasn't walking when Ava was born, and he didn't really walk for another 4 or 5 months after she was born (I only call it "walking" when they can walk without falling down constantly).

So that stroller, along with my mother, kept me in the land of the living during those crazy years. Being able to get out of the house was crucial after being pregnant for 20 months. The stroller helped me physically do it, and my mother helped me emotionally do it.


I used this stroller for a good 3 years. I realized at one point that with both kids in it, I was pushing over 85 pounds. No wonder my arms were so toned back then...


Those are two of my nieces in the picture; Brianne, ELew's 4th daughter and Ashley, Amy's 2nd child.

No comments:

Post a Comment