Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Worms Crawl In, The Worms Crawl Out




Thus ends Melissa's week of tributes. Some have suggested that this has been more of a roast than a tribute. Here's what I have to say to that:

Interesting is valuable to me. Strength of character is valuable to me. Intelligence is valuable to me. Courage is valuable to me. Inventiveness is valuable to me. Wit is important to me. Introspection is valuable to me. Passion is valuable to me.

That is why these stories HAVE been tributes, and not roasts. These stories showcase what it is about Melissa that makes her so valuable to me. If she were a sweet young lady who loved to scrapbook and show love to kittens while crocheting socks for orphans, she would have lost me a looong time ago. Yes, maybe the things that I find valuable aren't what the general population finds valuable, but it's not my fault the general population has a screwed up dictionary....

She's so much more than just a nice girl.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this trip down memory lane. There are many more stories, maybe they'll show up every now and again.

For now, we return to your regularly scheduled program.


(And to my sweet husband, Happy Valentines Day!!)

4 comments:

  1. umm I love you and I love you

    and now I have managed to cry (not just laugh). To feel not only understood but valued by someone I hold in such high regard is pretty much the end-all, be-all as far as I'm concerned. Glad I could, in my insanity, entertain . . .maybe someday I can try the crocheting for orphans/nice girl thing . . .. nah . . . . (not unless it gets me into first class, finds me the perfect article of clothing, or infiltrates government protocol).

    and let's face it, to me, roast=tribute=happiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I mention that I love you??

    btw, my husband says I don't know how lucky I am (except as far as you're concered I very much do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well why don't you just cry about it, little Miss Sissy Pants. And I know you know about yer luckiness, even if yer husband doesn't yet. He'll learn. Knowing how, even if you think a certain dress is the most gorgeous dress you've ever seen in your whole life, you'll return it without a second thought if/when you come upon one even more perfect, I know you must like me if you've kept me around this long without returning me.

    Or else you just remembered that the store you bought me from had a "You bought it, you're the sucker" policy.

    I just realized I forgot to give this post a title. My brain must have turned to a rotting mass again this week reliving these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and don't say infiltrate government protocol ever again.

    ReplyDelete