Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let The Hell-Cat Freeze!!

I was listening to the My Fair Lady soundtrack on my iPod in the car the other day. I was realizing that, even as a child, I was much more moved by Henry Higgins' love song than Freddy's.

Freddy's love for Eliza was so easy, so obvious, free of torture.



Henry's love for Eliza was much more torturous. He doesn't even realize it until the end of the movie, and when he does, it makes him mad. As if he can't even believe such a thing could happen, and doesn't really know what to do about it. (I've read a couple of articles that pegged Henry Higgins as an ENTJ, although I'd say he was a P.)



I always empathized with him, even when I was young. And even then, I thought that "I've grown accustomed to your face" just might be the sweetest thing someone could say.


Ah, the fairytale dreams of my youth............

No comments:

Post a Comment