Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You Can't Reason With A True Believer



Browsing through some old photos, I found this Mother Jones magazine article. One of their writers infiltrated the Operation Rescue movement in Philadelphia during the time frame when Dad was leading, and this article tells about the writer's experience, and mentions Dad. (you may have to click on each page to enlarge it enough to read it. I haven't mastered the scanner yet.) My favorite part of the article? When the infiltrator admits who he is to Dad, later on, Dad just smiles, and then gives him the name of a book he should read....Classic Bob Lewis.










4 comments:

  1. I want to make it so that you don't have to enlarge each page to actually read the text....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd really have to OCR it and just put the text in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the start, we knew he was a plant-I met him the morning he came to church at FBC. There was also a guy from Canada who spent time with me during that year. He was focusing his doctoral work on rescue. Glad to see you have the magazine..don't know if I kept a copy.

    Were we to employ the same tactics today, you can bet your sweet bippy, we would be tassered unconsicious without a thought!

    In fact, I vividly recall the morning a when a husky female pro-abort type stuck an early version of the taser into my chest, looked me in the eye with venom, and dared me to suggest she activate her "tool"!

    Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete