Friday, August 15, 2008

I Need A Sponsor...

I have discovered that I am addicted to food.

And I don't mean I'm addicted like "Oh my gosh, I just looooove chocolate!!"

I mean addicted like "I need a sugar fix so badly right now that I just might stab you in the thigh to get at those cookies".

Having a week full of extreme tension, while I was dieting, pointed this out to me. Driving home from the ER at 11:30 on Thursday night, all I could think of was a PBJ with Fritos and a box of chocolate chip cookies...that is all I wanted. I was almost twitching. It took every ounce of willpower that I had to not eat those things when I got home. I felt like a recovering alcoholic.

Carbs and sugar comfort me. They soothe my nerves. Nothing else does for me what they do.

They are like heroin to me. My track marks aren't on my arms, they're on my inner thighs and lower abs...

I need a 12 step program.


Or maybe I just need to try heroin to take my mind off of cookies....



Welcome to Being Suzanne Mosley

1 comment: