Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Broken Jug

So, my husband has one of those 5 gallon glass milk jugs that he keeps spare change in.

Well, the other day the kids needed quarters for something, so as I usually do in that situation, I went to the milk jug to get a few. As I tipped the jug on its side to shake some coins out, I heard a loud pop and realized all the coins were spilling out the side of the jug! Somehow a circular section about 4 inches in diameter shattered.


We haven't picked the coins up yet, mainly because Eric says he won't pick them up until he has a replacement jug. Yesterday I got an email from him: subject line "You Owe Me One Of These" and this link in the body

Yesterday he came home from work, walked over to his dresser to put down his wallet, and then walked over to the pile of change and dropped his spare pennies into it. It was so funny seeing pennies drop from the hand of the meticulous Eric Mosley on to the bedroom floor, as if that was where they belonged. The coin pile has inspired conversations like this:

Eric: You still owe me a jug.

Me: I got your jugs right here.


Eric: Those don't hold quarters

I don't know, it kind of looks artsy to me. Like some kind of cool abstract sculpture....like it's supposed to mean something really deep. 

Will she ever buy him that jug? Will the coin pile ever be cleaned up? Will there eventually be an ER visit because someone forgets the broken shards of glass under the coins?



2 comments:

  1. Stan WojciechowskiJuly 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM

    The bigger question is, how long before the coins start to find their way to the vent and gravity starts to take over and sucks the coins into it's ducts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is probably enough change on the floor to purchase the jug. LOL I received this jug so I would stop leaving change all over the house. LOL

    Mr.MakingUsmile

    ReplyDelete