Monday, June 18, 2012

Dancin' Mosleys

The videos from dress rehearsal for my kids' dance recital. My husband has the videos from the actual performance, hopefully he posts them soon...When finding a Mosley in a dance video, look in the back. Tall kids are always in the back. That's why we love solos.

 

Ava's Egyptian ballet routine. Zach says, "Are they supposed to be the Israelites??"




Ava's Hairspray jazz routine. After which Colson says to her, because 8 months of hip hop has apparently made him a jazz expert, "Ava, I saw one little problem in your jazz routine. You weren't shimmying as much as the other girls. I could tell because the strings on your dress weren't moving as much as theirs". But those of you who know my introverted Ava know that what she's doing in this video is akin to her having an epileptic seizure.




And Colson's Michael Jackson tribute hip hop routine. He comes in from the right side in the beginning, he's the one without the glove. Because he lost his. Shocking. Ava was irritated because this routine got all the applause. I had to explain to her that when 37 out of 38 routines are all girls, that one routine with all boys is going to get the crowd going. Plus any routine featuring Michael Jackson moves is going to get applause. I said even if all the boys fell on their faces the audience would applaud loudest for them. It's like a routine filled with babies and puppies.


We asked Zachary if he wanted to be in the dance recital next year. He said, "I think I'm more of a sports guy than a dance guy...."

No comments:

Post a Comment