Saturday, February 18, 2012

He'll Win Even With His Brain Tied Behind His Back

One of my husband's best qualities is his quick thinking ability. He can shoot a zinger that turns an argument back around on you in no time flat. I learned the other night he's so good at that he can do it in his sleep.

He fell asleep long before me, and by the time I wanted to go to sleep he was snoring loud enough to wake the dead. I shoved him in the shoulder to get him to roll over, which usually stops the snoring. He mumbled the following:
Eric: What are you doing?
Me: Roll over!
Eric: Why?
Me: I can't sleep when you're snoring.
Eric: Well, I can't sleep when you're criticizing me. 
I laughed out loud and feel asleep marveling at his skill. I reminded him of this exchange yesterday and he didn't remember it at all. But he was very proud of himself for it.

3 comments:

  1. This is still cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome AND witty. You're a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do men always accuse women of criticizing (aka nagging)? Sigh. We just want to sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete