Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is It Real, Or Is It Colson

Colson likes to make up words that don't exist. He always has. I know that's not unique, for a child to make up words, but there are two reasons why Colson's habit is different.

One, his words sound like they should be real words. To the point that even I have to take a second and say to myself, "Oh wait, that's not a real word..."

Two, he uses them with such confidence and ease it confuses you into believing the word is real. They flow off of his tongue as if he's heard and said them all his life. That's a gift he inherited from his daddy.

Here are two examples of these words Cole uses, and how he used them in a sentence. There are so many more, but I always forget them.

Instantarily:

"The pirate instantarily changed forms and became the Evil Doctor of Doom."

Mysterical:

"I have a mysterical power that lets me know when anyone around me isn't telling the truth."


Tell me those words don't sound real......

No comments:

Post a Comment