Friday, November 4, 2011

Variations On A Theme

My next dance competition is in Birmingham the first weekend in December. We Pros were asked to send in workshop titles that had a Christmas theme. Unbeknownst to each other, Solomon and I had sent in workshop titles based around Christmas songs (shock). We shared our titles with each other, and then spent at least 15 minutes shooting other titles at each other, spiraling deeper and deeper into our Word Lover's Hell, as we often do....

Solomon: My workshop titles for Christmas In Dixie are:
Do You Hear What I Hear? Finding the Rhythm in your Cha-Cha
O Little Waltz of Birmingham

me: lol
Mine were Two Steppin' Around The Christmas Tree
and It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like East Coast

Solomon: I love it

me: great minds

Solomon: I was trying to think of something with What Child is this
Like "What West Coast is This?"
But I thought it might be too obtuse

me: yes

Solomon: There was also "Triple Two is Coming to Town"

me: lol

Solomon: Oh Holy Lead
Jesus Christ, you call that Night Club?

me: Come, They Told Me Po-po-po-po Polka

Solomon: Shall I Schottiche for you?
Oh Come All Ye Pony Swingers

me: lol
lol

Solomon: We Need A Little Compression

me: LOL

Solomon: Hark the Heralds Like to Swing

me: LOL
I'm Dreaming of The Right Footwork
I Saw Mommy Leading Santa Claus

Solomon: I'm scaring my dogs with my laughter right now

me: Lol

Solomon: Waltzing in a Winter Wonderland
We'll Night Club 2 Christmas
Dreidl, Dreidl, Dreidl, a class on turn technique

me: All I Want For Christmas Is To Not Be Pulled

Solomon: All I want for Christmas is for you to move when you're supposed to
:P

me: Lolplolololol
I'll Be Balanced For Christmas

Solomon: Joy to the world, you didn't fall

me: LOLOLOL
Deck The Halls With Golds With Honors

Solomon: LOL
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, May no one ye disable!

me: Lol

Solomon: Go Lead it on the Dancefloor

me: LOL
We Three Queens Of Orient Are, Stealing Your Wives And Dancing Them AFar

Solomon: (Although, to be fair, of all of us - I'm the only one vaguely oriental)

me: Let It Lilt, Let It Lilt, Let It Lilt

Solomon: Where are you, Connection?

me: LOLOLOL
someone should pay us for this

Solomon: I think we should shop around the concept
I'll work on a powerpoint presentation

me: Excellent
Theme based workshop titles, has to be a huge market for that

Solomon: Yes, people would be willing to pay big pennies for it

me: Perhaps even quarter sized pennies

Solomon: Oooh!
Okay, got to go do laundry

me: There's No Position Like Contra For The Holidays...
or...Come On It's Lovely Weather For A Syncopated Feather With You!!
*Ending on a high note*

Solomon: Definitely! I was teaching one of those last night!
You even got the meter right

me: Of course


Feel free to leave your own Christmas song themed dance workshop titles in the comments section. And fellow pros, feel free to steal a workshop title or two, but you must give Solomon and I credit. We put many minutes of effort into coming up with these...almost as much effort as we put into our Pro-Pro routines.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for removing some of the more incendiary ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not be pretty in the morning, but I'm no dummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocking on my coffee! I want to take all of these workshops.

    ReplyDelete