Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bethany Has Arrived

Maybe it's too soon, but even propriety can't hold funny back...a conversation from last week, between EMo, myself and Bethany:

Me: I had a light lunch today so I could pig out today.

EMo: Ugh, not me. I had a huge lunch. I went to this burger joint and had this amazing burger called a "Penn State" burger. Do you want to know what it had on it?

Me: Um, young boys?

EMo: Ha ha very funny, no.

(At this point I iMessaged Bethany, a Penn State grad, into our conversation. I repeated the previous exchange to her, asking her if it was too soon. She replied:)

Beth: Bah. And I do still want to know what was on the burger.

Me: Ok, to start with, 2 hamburger patties. DIPPED IN BATTER AND DEEP FRIED.

Beth: Ugh, gross. So the Penn State connection is what? The shame you feel after?

EMo and I erupted in laughter. EMo, from whom a compliment, especially one that is richly deserved, is never given, said, "She's funny!" (I think that was the most commas I've ever put into one sentence.)


1 comment: