Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Stand-Up

I'm not ashamed to say that my niece Bethany was making me pee a little bit in my pants yesterday during our hurricane instant message conversation:

Beth: Parts of NYC are being evacuated now. i'm a full two blocks from the evacuation zone, so i'm set

Me: That seems close

Beth: It is. the only thing i'd worry about at my place are the window, but we have a huge basement we can hang in.

Me: Cole is obsessed with the hurricane. he watched the weather channel for 6 hours straight, updating me. telling me "we have to be on HIGH ALERT, mom".

Beth: Can he prepare my "go bag" that Bloomberg keeps mentioning?

Me: Andrew used to have plenty of go bags.

Beth: bahahahah

Beth: The bag i currently have on me has flat sandals (i'm wearing the platforms), duct tape, sealant foam, gum, and an apple. i'm set, right??

Me: LOL. add water and you're good.

Beth: Magazines! I knew I forgot something...

Me: Cole is agonizing over which of our 3 cars will have to stay outside for the duration of the storm.

Beth: Sophie's choice......(at which point I snorted my Diet Pepsi out my nose)

Me: We have a split tree in our backyard that Eric's worried about. He asked me to get Gpa to come duct tape it.

Beth: You wanna know the real tragedy in all this? I straightened my hair last night. How long is that going to last??!?!

I hope Beth doesn't die when Irene floods NYC, because I like her.



No comments:

Post a Comment