Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Smells Like It's Been WORN On A Safari

The kids went to Christ's Church of the Valley's Safari VBS last week. As part of CCV's evil VBS marketing scheme, you must come to the service the following Sunday morning to get your VBS tee shirt. Since we were planning on attending anyway, the kids were excited to get their tee shirts.

When we picked Colson and Ava up from their class, everyone had their VBS tee shirts on over their clothes. Cole and Ava were jumping around showing us their tee shirts. I went up to get Zachary from his class, and as I walked in, the sea of lime green showed that every single kid up there had their camp shirts on as well.

Every kid except Zachary. He had his tee shirt slung over his shoulder. He was the only kid in that whole building of probably 800 kids who wasn't wearing a lime green tee shirt.

When Zach saw me he walked over and handed me the tee shirt. He said:
"Mom, can you wash this when we get home? It smells funny and I don't want to wear it until it smells right."

799 kids aren't swaying him, that's for sure. I'll never have to worry about Zach jumping off a bridge.

1 comment:

  1. I would never wear clothes off the rack. Who knows where it's been.

    ReplyDelete