Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jill's Day Off

So, I've explained to you what a Jack and Jill competition is. But there is a subset of Jack and Jills that I failed to mention in my original post. And that is the Jack and Jack competitions.

Jack and Jacks are exactly what you are imagining they are. They are Jack and Jill competitions, minus the Jills. Jack and Jack competitions are rare and highly entertaining, so if you have the chance to see one, you're going to want to take it.

I'll give you a secondhand look at a Jack and Jack to whet your appetite. This one took place in Baltimore at the Mid-Atlantic Dance Classic this past March. (Great fun, don't miss this event next year! I was super impressed with Anita Strawser's event running skills...) This Jack and Jack was an Invitational, so all the men competing in it are professionals. You'll see all of my favorites; sister wife #1 Richard, the dance god himself Clive Stevens, my baby brother Sasha Budaska, the dreamy Marc Davidson, Sam Arvidson, Dean Garrish, and the newest Master Mike Zuspan (ooh, you sexy American hips!!), among others.

While all of the guys were fantastic, Clive was UNREAL. He got lucky being paired with the quintessential showman, the legend Dean Garrish, but somehow I think Clive could win over an audience by himself with both feet tied behind his back. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. You ladies need to all take note, this is how you make every audience member and judge in a room watch you and only you, even if you aren't the tallest girl in the room. Clive dances like he thinks he's as tall as Suzanne Mosley. I bow down.....

Sam Arvidson did give Clive a run for his money. Mark Davidson and Sam Arvidson together, kind of delicious I daresay. I mean, Sam on Mark's shoulders and they're just about tall enough for me! Normally I would call foul on Sam for stealing Richard's original partner, but I can't really fault him. I'd steal Mark from Richard too, every day of the week and twice on Sunday without a second thought.

Anyway, enjoy the hilarity, but please excuse my very unladylike hooting and hollering. And my head squishing. Jack and Jacks get me a little riled up.






No comments:

Post a Comment