Friday, November 12, 2010

My Efficiency Monitor

Zach's Melissa Tabasso genes have been showing up more recently....

The other day I was straightening my hair in the bathroom while Zach stood by the bathroom door watching me thoughtfully. All of a sudden he says, "Mom, you know there's a better hair straightener than that one. I saw it on a commercial. It's like that, but it has a round part of it, and it works much faster than yours."

I'm all, "Holy crap, how does this 5 year old know about the InStyler??"



I shrugged the episode off as a fluke, but then yesterday morning I asked Zach to get my iPhone out of the car. He came back saying he couldn't find it. I said, "Oh, bring me my purse, it must be in there". As I'm digging through my purse, Zach shakes his head at me in frustration and says, "Mom, you REALLY need a Kangaroo Keeper..."

"A what???!!"

"A Kangaroo Keeper! You know, it can hold up to twenty things...."

I had never heard of such a thing, and didn't really believe he was talking about something real. But then I Googled it, and sure enough....



The Kangaroo Keeper.

So I guess it's beginning to be that time where I need to teach Zachary what Melissa has learned very well over the years; how to tell someone that there's a much better way without sounding condescending and utterly disgusted. Zach's got a long way to go.


1 comment:

  1. he's not kidding about the Instyler...it changed my life. i loved it so much, i gave it to Brooke as her wedding present. my friend says it gives me "Kardashian Hair".

    ReplyDelete