Tuesday, September 21, 2010

She's Got Pimples On Her But She's Pretty

I received the nicest compliment the other day. Probably the nicest compliment I've ever received in my whole and tired life. It came from my beloved Heather Gemmen Wilson who, while only knowing me in 140 character bursts, has always known what the other million characters in my head were saying....

Actually, I thought of you on Saturday when I was at a Beth Moore simulcast. She talked about how she doesn't get nice girls. Nice girls are naive and sweet; kind people, on the other hand, have their eyes wide open, they see what's really going on, and they love anyway. You're not a nice girl, Shmoo, but you sure are kind! :)

Not only do I love the sentiment, because it's very true, but I love the fact that Heather knew I'd find the sentiment highly complimentary.

Not too much in life beats being understood, at least not to this non-nice girl....

No comments:

Post a Comment