Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tortilla Towels





I was at the pool yesterday with my kids and two of my niece Bonnie's children, Thomas and Joshua. (They're here for the week to hang out with my kids and go to VBS with them.) After I got out of the pool, I wrapped a towel around me and sat down. Thomas came over and looked at my wrapped towel and asked, "How do you guys DO that with your towels?".

He asked if I'd wrap his around his waist. I did, and he grinned and said, "I feel so cool!". I told him he looked like a burrito, a Thomas burrito. He smiled and immediately said, "My head is the meat hanging out of the top, and my feet is the lettuce falling out of the bottom!".


It's nice having a nephew who can get down and dirty with some metaphors and analogies....

No comments:

Post a Comment