Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Say It With An "I"

While driving to Florida a few weeks ago, I was teasing Eric about something. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I was saying things like, "You are so ridiculous", "You can't even blah blah blah", "You never remember to blah blah blah".

Eric came back at me with, "You know, a marriage counselor once told me that you should never start a sentence with "You" when in an argument with your spouse. It should always start with "I think" or "I feel"..."

I said, "Wow! I've always heard that there was no "I" in team..." But I spent the rest of our vacation always remembering to say, "I think that you are so ridiculous!"...."I think that you can't even blah blah blah"...."I feel like you never remember to blah blah..."


I think that that marriage counselor wasn't worth the $.05 piece of paper his/her license was printed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment