Friday, July 30, 2010

I Don't Believe You're Tempting Me



Here's one to do my old man's heart good....

It always amazes me at how quickly Ava understands big concepts. My kids attended a VBS this week at a Presbyterian church near us. When I picked them up on Wednesday, the kids were talking about what Bible story they had learned that day. They had learned about Jesus being tempted by Satan in the wilderness. Colson was telling the story, and this was how it ended:

Colson: So Jesus didn't do it, because He didn't believe in Satan.

Ava: No, not because He didn't believe in Satan, it was because because He didn't worship Satan.

Colson: No, it was because He didn't believe in him.

Ava: Of course He believed in him, He could SEE him!! He didn't do it because he didn't WORSHIP Satan.

And then Zach yells out, "Well, I got an award because when we were playing in the sandbox, I did the best job of acting out how Jesus would feel if he jumped off a high building!"

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment