Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Half Wheat's Better Than No Wheat, Right?




I've finally found a whole grain pasta that I like. Barilla's whole grain pastas are only 51% whole grain, but they taste really good and have the same great texture as regular pasta. So you'll eat it a lot more often. I now prefer their whole grain spaghetti to regular spaghetti. You get a bit more of that al dente texture from the whole grain pasta, which I love. You also get just a hint of a nutty grain flavor, but not so much that it changes the flavor of whatever pasta dish you're making.

100% whole grain pastas taste awful, and the texture is terrible. The way I see it, it's better to eat something a little bit better for you all of the time than something perfectly better for you once and then never again...

1 comment: