Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Safety First, Unless...



Zach and Ava were at my parents house yesterday for a few hours while I went to the salon. At some point, Zachary got bored and said to my mother, "Gramma, I don't know what to do."

Mom sent him down to the basement to see my Dad, in the hopes that Dad would find Zach something to do. Well, find something he did! Dad decided it was time to teach my 4 year old the rules of gun ownership while showing him a real gun.

So in the car on the way home, Zachary says to me, "Mom, I know the rules of guns." I asked him to tell me, and he said this:

"Rule Number One: Always make sure there are no bullets in the gun.

Rule Number Two: Never point the gun at a person.....unless it's a bad guy and you're trying to kill him.

I can't remember the other two rules."

So there you have it. All you need to know about gun safety.

(I'm thinking the caveat to Rule Number Two is Zachary's own addition...)

No comments:

Post a Comment