Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flying Down 95 With A Mattress On My Roof




A few months after I moved to Nashville, my sister Amy drove down to visit. She brought her son Nathan and his best friend. She also brought down my mattress.

Because Amy didn't properly attach the mattress to the top of the van so that it would stay, she and Nathan spent a majority of the drive down with their arms out the front windows, holding onto the mattress with their hands (super funny mental image).

Nathan gave me this note when they finally arrived.



Needless to say, I didn't give in to any of his demands. I decided anyone who didn't know how to spell mattress didn't get to threaten me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Add to that - he spelled your name wrong!!!

    Just to help you with the mental picture of nathan and i holding down the mattress with rope tied in all corners.....the rope in front of the 'mini van with the faux wood paneling' was rubbing the top of the hood - so we decided that we needed to put something between the rope and the hood of the car ......

    so of course the best thing and only thing available was a maxi pad..... yes we did....

    so now put all that together and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete